Leave No Trace New Zealand has partnered with many well known training providers around New Zealand to ensure high quality training is available near you.
- Sir Edmund Hillary Outdoor Pursuits Centre
- Outward Bound
- University of Canterbury
- Nelson-Marlborough Institue of Technology
- Boyle River Lodge
- Tai Poutini Polytechnic
- Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology
- Otago Polytechni
Request a course
As we build our capacity to train others, our training frequency will increase. To learn about our training structure click here. If you have a group of people who are interested in training, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss your options and develop a Leave No Trace course for your group. The training documented here does not include the people who have already completed training and who are now training others as part of their work as teachers, outdoor leaders or have other roles. The dates show what we have achieved.
- Abel Tasman Kayaks, Marahau, November 7-8, 2015 (Craig Moore, Pip Rees)
- OPC in the Central North Island, October 18-19, 2014
- Boyle River Outdoor Education Centre (Lewis Pass), August 30-31, 2014
- Central North Island, September 3-4, 2013
- Wellington, May 20-21, 2013
- Waitomo, September 8-9, 2012
- Mt Ruapehu, August 18-19, 2012
- Central North Island (OPC) March 17-18, 2011 (Matt Bennett)
- Canterbury February 19-20, 2011 Bealey Spur (Chris North)
- Sir Edmund Hillary OPC Oct 9 – 10, 2010 (16 instructors trained, leaders Matt Bennett, Chris North)
- Anakiwa: April 19 – 20, 2010 (28 Outward Bound instructors trained, leaders Rob Maclean, Chris North)
More courses are planned in both North and South Islands. Contact us to register your interest.
Master Educator Courses
- South Island, April 2016, Timaru
- South Island, August 2014, Peel Forest Outdoor Education Centre
- South Island, May 2013 – Boyle River Lodge
- Sir Edmund Hillary Outdoor Pursuits Centre – Tongariro. 19 – 23 November, 2012.
- June 27- July 1, 2011 based out of Turangi (OPC) (7 new master educators from OPC, DOC, Aoraki polytechnic, Mountain Safety Council, leaders: Matthew Bennett, Chris North)